Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What's wrong with a little "Respect"

Aretha sang about it but I can't seem to get any of it . . . respect!

I have been living in my current home for about 7 years now. The people across the street have been there the same amount of time. A nice older women . . a few years older than I raising her granddaughters . . . . well now that girls have grown and there absent mothers are now back and also living there with all the part time boyfriends stopping by . . not a problem.
The problem is that from midnight to 5 or 6 am they sit on the porch and giggle . . . the boyfriends stop by with their radios blaring and they hollower back and forth over the radio and giggling. They are young and I respect that . . it's summer and I respect that also . . . however . . I'm old and have a job.
I am always reminding people when they come to my house in the evening that my driveway runs along my neighbor's to the south and the boys bedroom window is right there where they can hear . . so I'm always careful not to wake them up, I don't use my auto car lock on my keys as it makes a loud noise but lock the doors just before I get out . . . how hard is it to be considerate of you neighbors?
Many of my neighbor's have called the police and they have responded but it only makes them louder they think it's funny. We (my four neighbor's) are yes I admit are a little afraid of confronting them even with friendly conversation . . . they are intimidating and the company that is stopping my over there is not the kind you would want to make angry . . . so what's a girl to do?
So this is my rant for the day . . . common courtesy is not a thing of the past!

3 comments:

  1. Neighbors.... UGH!!! Aren't they the worst??!! LOL! I KNOW what you mean - literally... We TOO have "neighbor problems" - the place next door has live bands (or DJ's) until 2 am EVERY Friday and Saturday night - we've had people say they will NOT stay here again - that's not good for business... GLAD you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOPS! The above comment was from me (Annette)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya sister, lar and I are having a very hard time with the young one in the duplex next to us and then the other night a drunk neighbor came and was tapping on our patio door at 2:30 in the morning....people just don't think or they don't care too. I guess that's called thinking of yourself only.

    ReplyDelete