I have never given much thought about winning the lottery . . one, I think I would have to play to win and second, anyone who knows me knows I have rotten luck! But working so much lately has me fantasizing about what I would do if I didn't have to work, would I be a happier person?
I just finished an article on "10 Things Scientists Say Can Make you Happy"
1) Savor Everyday Moments . . you know "smell the roses" or smell the chocolate whatever works for you
2) Avoid Comparisons . . . Keeping up with the Joneses . . or the Mike & Kelly's of the world . . . . lol
3) Put Money low on the list . . which I find easy when you don't have it
4) Have meaningful goals . . "happiness lies at the intersection between pleasure & meaning"
5) Take initiative at work . . . take a risk . . (like using the bathroom after a co-worker who's been in there for 15 minutes)
6) Make Friends, Treasure Family . . like to think I do this one . . but always room for improvement.
7) Smile even when you don't feel like it . . mission accomplished . . I do it to irritate people
8) Say thank you like you mean it . . . this is one of my favorite! thank - you, thank all of you!
9) Get out and exercise . . . working on this one daily . . makes you feel so good and who doesn't love to sweat!
10) Give it away, Give it away now . . . money, time, helping a neighbor, donating goods . . also makes you feel good! I really am working on this one . . I have tons that could go.
If I had more free time on my hands I could work on the list of 10 things . . but wait I am happy . . . so could these make me happier? So my goal the next two months is to incorporate these 10 things into my life - I believe that I do most of them anyway. . . but I'm adding a few more of my own.
11) Make sure I thank God each day for all of my blessing . . .especially the little ones that I often overlook
12) Don't get out of bed without stretching . . toes pointed and hands over your head . . not a sight for the weak at heart!
13) Sing out loud in the car . . OK try to look like your talking on your cell phone if it makes you feel better . . . like I've done that one
14) Take a deep breath of fresh air . . . fill up your lungs . . but don't swallow any bugs
15) Try to find time to look up to the heavens at the clouds or stars depending on the time of the day . . make sure you stand still for this one . . you know dog poo and all
You know if I ever do win the lottery I would just give most of it away . . . maybe having lots of money is over rated . . .