Saturday, May 9, 2009

Being a Mother!

I got an e;mail you know one that had been forwarded to about a million people and then me. It was called "Being a Mother" I thought I would do my own version.

Somebody said it takes about six weeks to get back to normal after you've had a baby; there is no more normal after you have children life as you now it is never the same . . and for the better

Somebody said being a mother is boring; being the mother of Jessica and Kevin has never been boring. That someone never had to drive around with Jess when she had her permit . . . yikes . . or listen to what Kevin thought was music

Somebody said if you've a "good" mother, your child will turn out good; they didn't come with directions and they did both turn out good . . although they are still a work in progress

Somebody said "good" mothers never raise there voices; that mother didn't have a bunch of teenage boys drinking in her basement when she was at work . . .

Somebody said you don't need an education to be a mother; that somebody never helped . . tried to help her kids do math or fix broken hearts

Somebody said a mother can find all the answers to her child-rearing questions in the books; she never had a son who put a bean in his nose, marshmallows in the VCR, grasshoppers in a box without a lid that fit under his bed, a little girl who wore the same "Minny" dress until it completely fell apart, try to convince her children that cats are as good as dogs

Somebody said a mother can stop worrying after her child is grown; that mother never sent her daughter to Washington DC when she was 16, and then years later watched her leave to travel around the world. That mother never had to hold her son minutes before he left to go to war and wondered if she would ever get the chance to hold him again.

Somebody said a mother's job is done when her last child leaves home. That somebody isn't a grandmother!

I have been blessed to have two wonderful children. They are a blessing a challenge and my friends. I have been there enemy, warden, judge, jury, confident, hairdresser, counselor but best of all I have been their mother, mommy, mom, madrea, heady face . .

4 comments:

  1. Mom, you are the most awesome Mom. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris:

    I know EXACTLY what you mean. I'm sorry but I believe "Once a mom, always a mom" - no matter how old your children get - you worry and worry and worry some more... You want the best for your kids - better than what you had growing up... As a mother of a soldier, too - you worry when they are in the war zone - as you know mine was there twice and THANK GOD has made it home and will be out of the Army June 5! My boy will then head to U of M where he will study Engineering! So, yes - they ARE a work in progress and with the guidance of us, will hopefully turn into good, decent members of society..... Your UP Friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. From what I can tell, you did a pretty good job with the one of your kids I know.

    (and between you and me, thanks for the dirt you spilt on her. I'll certainly remember driving permit and "minnie dress") :)

    Happy (Belated) Mother's Day
    (though, I think my mom would argue every day is mother's day...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our journey as a mother is never over....don't we know it, and I would not change it for one gray hair. (Thank God for Kelly and hair color...smile)

    Love ya, Lee

    ReplyDelete