Monday, August 9, 2010

Back on Track

If you have read any of my blogs you know that one of the inspirations in my world is my friend Pam T. . . she is a wonderful source of inspiration to not only me but a whole world on the "Obesity Help Board". I am blessed to have her not only as the Leader of our Local Support Group but is a dear friend.
She posted on her blog 7 things that she uses as a guideline to get back on track with her life and I am giving you my spin on what these 7 things mean to me.

1) Love myself enough - I am so bad at seeing the good I have in me . . I am working on it . . but I am a work in progress still at almost 53. I do know that I have good qualities that I am proud of, not judging others (so much), seeing the good in my fellow man . . and I love unconditionally.

2) Eat a Healthy Balance of Food - I feel like I have this one licked these days with no bread or sugar (except natural sugar in fruits) . . I have tons of reasons in my life to try to be healthy so I will be around for a while.

3) Exercise because of Overall Health - I have been a slacker on this one the last few months . . I have let my fall down the stairs and my sore knee be the reason I haven't walked like I should. Well last night I put my knee to the test and I can't make anymore excuses except for pure laziness.

4) Be Obsessive - I could take this one many ways . . but to keep myself out of trouble I will try my best to be obsessive with this "I am high on life" . . I am going to be obsessive at finding happiness in my life.

5) Follow Dr.'s Orders - I think I do this 90% of the time . . I know I need to drink more water and less of everything else.

6) Be in tune. . Listen to my Body - I could also get in trouble with this one . . but I am going to listen to my body when it is over tired . . give it a rest . . kick my feet up and give my body and mind a rest.

7) Be Kind - I am trying to be kinder to myself and less hard on me. . . kinder to others and try to lend more of a helping hand then needed instead of being selfish.

I think these 7 "rules" can apply to all of us in difference ways in our lives . . how will you use these in yours?

1 comment:

  1. I love your interruption of the list. I am inspired by you and your passion. You grab on to life and embrace it for all it's worth. You're an amazing woman and I love you to death!

    ReplyDelete